Pages

14 Nov 2017

STILL A KID.

Happy children's day, children, child, happy , kid

Hi!!!
First of all happy children's day if you're a child; if not, my condolences (lol) growing up is a task now isn't it?
Anyways,
I wrote this piece a while back, but I had to -had to post it because it fit so well with today.
So I hope you enjoy and reminisce all those amazing things you did as a child.

"Im still a kid at heart
I still run and look out the window
When I hear the sound of a helicopter passing over my house
Then lean a little more over the railing
Because I can't find where it is.
I still draw the sun at the corner of the sheet
Maybe sometimes between the mountains.
I still count over my fingers
Although calculators do the job just fine.
I still get excited over gifts
I still get happy when eating a cone of ice cream
I still have the urge to jump in the rain
Without worrying about getting stains on my white jeans.
I still feel like playing the keys to the piano at a toy store , 
maybe even run away from it when it starts playing weird tunes.
I still touch furs on soft toys like they are the silkiest thing in the world.
I still secretly wish for a bouncy castle as a home.
I still get excited about every Disney movie.
Magicians still astound me. 
I still hold my mom's hand while walking on the street with her because it makes me feel safe even if I've grown taller to her.
I still wish upon a star.
I still believe it'll come true.
I still wish all those fantasy world's were true and I live in this reality just fine with the thought of it.
This kiddish heart of mine just won't agree to grow up, quite honestly I don't want it too."


Im here now aren't I? Haha.
I know I've been MIA. (I won't give any excuses I can already hear you saying them for me).
But don't worry I might just bombard you with posts this week, you never know.
Oh! Let me know how you liked the post in the comments below?
I'll see you when I'll see you.
Have a great day. :)


4 comments:

  1. Hey Sim! A lovely post after a long time! I'm a fan of your writing skills and this one didn't disappoint me. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I've been away, thanks so much for waiting. Ily & thanks a lot for reading ❤❤❤

      Delete
  2. I read it more than once. I smiled wider each time; not many have such magic... Loved it Sim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks a lot for reading ❤❤

    ReplyDelete